Thursday, July 31, 2008

Reflecting

I have spent the last few days ( and will probably continue for the next few as well ) thinking about how quickly time flies by.

Tomorrow is Emma's 2nd birthday, and I know I have said it before, but I am still having a hard time getting my brain around the fact that it is August, I have a 2 year old and I am not pregnant, nor do I have a new born.
I have no regrets about the decision to be "finished" having children, in all honesty, the thought of having more is quite overwhelming. (kudos to all those who are in the 5+ range!) Yet there is something strange about everything you have known for the past 9 years changing.

We a moving from:

- grunts and points to words and conversations

- diapers to panties (slowly)

- baby toys to big girl thing

- "months" to "T's"
- Play time is more interactive.
There are probably sooooo many other things that will be different, and I don't even realize it yet. Enjoy my walk down memory lane with these pictures from now and then.

Maternity pictures

In the Hospital.... days old

Two year old Sarah & Baby Emma

(I think Sarah had more hair than Emma does now)

Their first Group shot!

Emma Naomi Forester

My blue eyed baby today.

1 comment:

The Speer Family said...

WOW! Is she really about to be 2??? I remember being at the baby shower for her and it seems like it was just a few weeks ago. Love and miss you guys. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Love,
Jenn

P.S. I thought the ice cream thing was a great idea. I think when all our kids are big enough we will have to do the same thing.