Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Flowers

The other day my sweet husband brought me flowers. After he had been home for a while, Sarah asked : "Why do you always bring Momma flowers?"

His response to her was, "Cause I love her very much!" Then turning to me he said, "Did you hear that, she wanted to know why I ALWAYS bring Momma flowers."

To which I responded, "No, she wants to know why you always bring MOMMA flowers."

We may never the true motive behind the question, but it does open my eyes to the needs of my precious girls. A need to feel, and know that they are loved and accepted.

Lord, Help us to know exactly how to show love to our girls. To do our best to be a reflection of you and your love for them. May they never feel empty and search for love and acceptance in others. Protect their hearts.

No comments: