Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Makin' History

Yesterday I think we made history in the Forester household!!

Kent has been wanting to go see a baseball game down in Roundrock for a while, and yesterday he and his buddy realized that Tuesday night was the last home game, so if they were going to go they had to go THAT night. Normally a spur of the moment outing is fine with me (especially if I don't have to go). I smile and say "Have fun!".

What makes last night so special is that Tuesday nights are my ladies night with some friends from life group, and Kent remembered. He just decided that if he wanted to go he would have to take all of the girls. He didn't even ask if Emma could stay behind, even after his friend tried to find a baby sitter for her.

We are crossing into new territory where Kent is willing and all the girls are able to go with Daddy for long periods of time. I don't think there has ever been a time where Kent has taken all the children and I wasn't pregnant.

When they left at 5:00pm I didn't know what to do with myself. The house was empty, I was alone and I didn't have to be anywhere until 7:30. I went to Sam's, wonderful, no crying, no I want's..... I couldn't believe it! When I went to Walmart after my ladies night, the experience was the same. I may even start doing ALL my grocery shopping on Tuesday nights it was so wonderful, not to mention WAAAAAY cooler.

Lord Jesus, thank you for growing children! Even though I am sad to see this season end, I am eagerly looking forward to what you have in store for us in the next stage of life!! Help me to focus on what you have before me, today. I don't want to waste today by missing the past or fearing the future.

No comments: