Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Keeping the days straight...

Ok before I start this post..... I was wondering.... is there a "statute of limitations" type thing with posting blogs? I mean how recent do the pictures have to be?? In the rush of Christmas and S. A. I never posted Christmas pictures and I never wrote about M's birthday party....... any thoughts??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This past fall Sarah need a way to keep the days straight because we were going someplace different almost everyday in order for Mommy and Daddy to go to class. Every morning she would wake up and have to ask what we were doing that day.... some days the answer was great and others it was devastating. So to help prepare for the harder days I came up with this:


This is our day's of the week calender. I made it using my stamps, paper, Modge Podge, ribbon. It is very whimsical, which is a look that can sometimes be a challenge for me to achieve. I covered it in Modge Podge first and then the squares are taped on so I can change them as needed.

The white squares had where she was going each morning : Ms Marie's, Nate and Jacob's, the fox class, home (we always love those days) well you get the idea. Now that we have returned to a more normal way of life we redid the squares to show who gets to play on the computer.

There is a clothes pin that is stamped "today" that we move everyday. It also has ribbon tied on it. Inspired by the idea I made on for the months as well. Each season has it's own color, so we can learn the seasons as well.

I am currently designing one for the days as well..... I kept imagining the LOOOOOOOONG thing, then I kept trying to double it..... now I'm thinking something flippy. That I can just flip each day so it doesn't take up as much space.... now if I can just find the time to make it....... hmmmmm.





1 comment:

Tressa said...

I LOVE it! What a great idea to know and understand all the things going on in the week.
Not only practical, but BEAUTIFUL! You could make and sell those for your trip ;)

And NO, its never too late to post a picture...post em girl!