Monday, July 4, 2011

How to Build a Hut in three weeks

Small disclaimer....... this was SUPPOSED to post on the 5th..... WHY it didn't, I haven't a clue, but I wanted to just let everyone know that I do know when my dad's birthday is! 

This post is dedicated to my dad, who loves to build.  Who works steadily and had built many buildings during my life time!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
 Step 1.  dig out the hill, and build up & level the foundation. 
 Step 2. Spread rock all over the foundation.
 Step 3. Pour concrete over the rock and smooth it out.
 Step 4. Start building up the walls.
 Step 5. Continue building wall, until you have gone all the way around the foundation.
Step 6. Add doors and windows.  then put the finishing over the rough bricks.
 Step 7. Put on the roof beams and start "sewing" the grass bundles on the the wood beams.
Step 8. pour the finishing floor and let it cure for a week.
Some where in there you add some wire for lights and an outlet. In a few weeks, when our current company leaves, we will paint it and really finish it off nicely, so that we always have a place to let people stay when they are in town visiting. All we lack is paint! I'll post the pictures when it is finished!

No comments: