Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

I had TONS to be thankful for this year for Thanksgiving!  MY MOM was visiting! 

In September I sent her some Achoil paper bead necklaces, she sold them to her coworkers, and there was a craze!  She called about a week after she sold all the beads and said ..."I may be coming to visit you next month."  She dug around found her passport, got it renewed, got her shots and booked her tickets. 

It was so fun to have my mom get to see where we live and experience Gulu first hand.  When I asked her what she thought.... she said "It is not as bad as I thought".  I was afraid that it would be worse.... funny how that works.

We had a giant house full on Thanksgiving day! Kent invited every family-less American, and a few Canadians as well and we made our own family. We had chicken, pumpkin, mashed potatoes, mac'n'cheeze, ham, green bean casserole.... and TONS of amazing desserts.  Mom brought Velveeta, french onions, and cranberries as well as cute thanksgiving plates and napkins. Everyone was so surprised (and blessed) to have a real American Thanksgiving.

All in all it was a great day.... we were even able to watch the Macy's parade via the internet that night.  We hooked it up to the TV and  enjoyed all the floats and performers, it almost felt like we were home. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!  Enjoy some cold weather, hot chocolate and Christmas lights for us this year!

1 comment:

AMBER C said...

Wow, I bet that was awesome having your mom there. I'm sure the girls were especially thrilled. I am so glad ya'll had a great holiday. Blessings!
Amber